The Brick and Mortar format of Retail is here to stay, eCommerce cannot replace the touch and feel experience and we create retail experiences.
The retail presence & the retail experience packaging of any brand is very important as it is the first interaction a prospect has with your brand, and the sheer fact that he / she is considering your brand as one among the many options available to them, in todays retail & digital marketplace.
While a store is a store, there are many aspects of it that can make its retail presence an extension of the belief system of the brand. One needs to pay careful attention to a few key parameters while designing & executing a retail outlet, as space is a constraint due to the high cost of retail real estate.
Retail markets attract a lot of consumers and prospects coming together for various reasons, some come with an intention to shop, some with an intention to check what’s new and to just have a look. Many of these people can also be impulsive shoppers and many times even serious shoppers have changed their brand loyalty at the market, because they were influenced by some Retail Element.
Design plays a very important role in creating a truly efficient and successful retail presence. By design we do not just mean the structural or architectural aspects, which are equally important, but elements like:
- Space planning
- Consumer Behaviour based category planning
- Planogram Mapping & Merchandising plan
- Utility plan design
- Consumer Journey design
- Inventory Display & storage plan
- Retail Identity Design & Window dressing
- Retail Branding
- Designing the retail experience for the customer from entry till exit
- Shop floor staff selection parameter, grooming, SOPs design
- Technology Integration Design to enhance experience for trial, billing, shipping, customer support etc.
- Retail Marketing Program Design & Implementation
- Audit Design & Course Corrections
Benefits of Physical Retail:
- There is no digital platform or technology that can replace the sense of touch, feel, and the element of human interaction
- Less chances of merchandise being returned unlike digital as the consumer has tried it out
- Retail Presence has a large recall value and aids in brand building, and brings in a sense of trust in moderate to high value purchases.
- Only a properly planned and executed retail design can give a truly immersive brand experience to the consumer
- Physical Retail, enables the brand to influence the customer using the human interface to help them make informed buying decisions.
- We might have technology, but when you want to have a small point clarified, people always prefer to speak to a human being rather than search for it online, which at times is tedious
Our team of Retail Experience Designers, Architects & technology integrator partners have the expertise in designing & executing retail and interior assignments for multiple formats, across different industries:
- Stand-alone retail
- Shop In Shops
- Retail Kiosks
- Transit Kiosks
- Mobile Retail Outlets
- Turn Key assignments for chains and franchisees